Presenting your Rental Property
The nicer the presentation, the better quality of tenant you will get. To assist in the leasing and management of your rental property, we have provided some helpful tips to assist you in attracting the right tenant for your property:
- Gardens should be kept neat and tidy and be easy to maintain.
- Ensure all outside areas are well maintained to prevent damage.
- The inside should be spotlessly clean, paying particular attention to the kitchen & appliances and the bathroom areas.
- Ensure all appliances in good working order.
- Make sure all blinds and curtains are clean.
- Have carpets professionally cleaned.
The Landlord has an obligation to:
- provide the premises in a clean and reasonable state
- maintain and repair the premises
- ensure that the tenant is given reasonable peace, comfort and privacy whilst living in the premises
- pay council rates and taxes
- provide and maintain locks to ensure the premises are secure
It is important that you keep the property insured, particularly keeping in place appropriate Public Liability Insurance & Landlord Insurance.
As soon as you have chosen Anreps as your Property Manager we will jump into action. We will advertise the rental property on Australia's leading real estate websites plus our own website to attract the best possible tenants.
Getting good tenants is a priority for your property. That’s why we complete a thorough screening of each tenancy application, to ensure the best possible tenant for you and your investment. Our Property Management Team are skilled at screening applications and picking up the anomalies that bad tenants try to hide. We will provide you with our recommendations but the final choice is yours!
Anreps will inspect your investment property up to 4 times a year. A full written report will be supplied to you after each inspection and the tenant will be advised of any area that needs attention.
Repairs and maintenance
We engage a range of trusted qualified & licensed trades people to attend to repairs and maintenance for your property however, we are more than happy for you to nominate your own tradies or complete your own maintenance. We have a flexible system where a maintenance spend limit can be set, that allows our property management team to be proactive and get maintenance issues attended to promptly, or we can seek your approval before work commences. Either way we will keep you informed.
At the end of each month we will process all the accounts, transfer your rent and send you a statement showing receipts and payments. A copy of any invoices paid on your behalf will also be sent to you for your records.
End of year statements
At the end of each Financial Year, we will provide you with a Statement showing the transactions for the year. You will need to provide this to your Accountant for preparing your annual Taxation Return.